Sunday, June 21, 2009

Student alleges ragging, college says he's an eve-teaser

Published on Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 11:04

Dhanbad (Ranchi): A student of engineering from Jharkhand has filed a complaint against his college seniors for allegedly ragging him.
In his complaint, Ashutosh - a second-year student of mechanical engineering at BIT-Sindhri – says four of his seniors forced him into do “demeaning work”. He alleged he was beaten up when he refused.
“At 12:30 pm, my seniors took me to their room and asked me to do some wrong things. When I refused, they beat me,” he alleges.
However, BIT administration refutes the charges. The director of the college, S K Singh, claims that Ashutosh was involved in an eve teasing incident.
“He is a second year student so it can't be a case of ragging. We have a disciplinary committee report on him,” Singh says.
The police say they are investigating the matter. “I have appointed two policemen to look into the case. We will take action as per our findings,” says inspector Amarnath

No comments: