Thursday, October 07, 2010

Surat: Class V student accuses seniors of ragging

Surat, October 6, 2010

A standard V student of a reputed school in Gujarat's Surat district has accused his seniors of ragging.

The victim, Rajiv Mehta (name changed), alleged that the accused students of class IX beat him up and pricked a nail on his private parts. The torture was to such a degree that the victim allegedly fell unconscious.

"I was beaten for two days and on the third day when I went to the bathroom they closed the door from inside and gave me an injection after which I was unconscious," Rajiv said.

His father said, "He was pricked with sharp nails. It was going on for three months. We informed the principal about it many times but no action was taken so were forced to file a police complaint."

Rajiv's parents alleged that instead of taking any action against the accused students the school authorities told them to settle the issue amicably and withdraw the police complaint. But they are now determined about getting the accused punished.

"We don't want any settlement. I want those kids to be rusticated. I want safety for my kids in the school," Rajiv's mother said.

Headlines Today contacted the school authorities to get their version over the incident. However, the principal refused to respond to the queries.

No comments: