Sunday, September 06, 2009

Amity student ‘drugged’ by seniors

Noida, September 05, 2009

A first-year Amity University student was allegedly drugged by his seniors when he protested against ragging. Prateek Yadav was admitted to Prakash Hospital on Friday night.

Medical superintendent Dr S Siddiqui said: “Prateek... was admitted for unknown poisoning. His stomach was washed. His condition is stable now.”

Yadav, a first-year student of Hotel Management, said: “When I was returning home some seniors, whom I didn’t recognise, took me to the other side of the road and forced me to eat a puri. Then they left me at the hostel.”

His father RPS Yadav said: “It is a case of ragging. I will report the matter to the college.”

DSP RN Mishra said: “A case under IPC Section 328 (Administering stupefying drug with intent to cause injury) against four unknown students has been lodged. Though the victim’s complaint didn’t mention ragging, we are probing that angle.”

Amity spokesperson Savita Mehta said: “Our initial probe found it wasn’t a case of ragging. It took place outside our campus.”

No comments: