Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ragging at University of Agricultural Science

This is what CURE received from a victim recently... horror!
"I am just posting this as a warning to anyone who is thinking of going to the University of Agricultural Science in Bangalore, India.I am an American citizen, born and raised in America but of Indian heritage (both my parents are Indian).And I decided to go to this college to pursue veterinary medicine.Anyway, I left everything I knew in pursuit of this dream and all I found was cruel and unusual ragging. Every day the senior boys and some girls would surround me and taunt me. Very disrespectful-too much, in fact, to post here-but if anyone wants to know more details please email me. Every day this happened. They followed me home on many occasions;they forced me to bow to them; kiss their boots;they wrote horrific things on the desks involving rape and murder;and they called my cell phone from the hostels threatening me. Then it became physical.They ran their car into me, knocking me to the ground, severely hurting my leg.One of the boys also punched me in the mouth.Everyday they told me how much they wanted to rape and murder me.Everyday.And what is worse, if there is a worse, is that the professors and even the dean himself knew all about it.The dean had even had meetings with the 3 main guys on numerous occasions (we found out later after we went to the press about it-they uncovered a lot after the fact).Some of the professors even made comments in class about making it as hard for me as possible because they didn't want me to go back to the US and make more money than them.Anyway, there are so many details and not enough room here for them.Like I said, if anyone is interested in knowing the whole story please do not hesitate to email me.I just do not want this to happen to anyone else.It was so scary;I would never wish this on anyone.Please, please think twice about going over there.It isn't worth it.Just to save a few years of schooling I almost lost a lot more.If nothing else, if you are considering going to India for college, please just let me talk to you first.You don't have to do anything just because I am telling you this story-just hear me out and make your own decision.Thanks for reading..."

MHG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi..heard ur story MHG with Univ of Agriculture..want to discuss more with u..do write to me..since i cant find your email id on the blog..will the moderator kindly email me the email id of MHG...to

mpcd108@gmail.com